historiography

Moshe Shulman mshulman at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 29 19:05:11 EST 1999

At 06:31 PM 12/29/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Peter, Moshe, et al.,
>The Mesha inscription shows that the DH is early?  You're kidding right?

His point was that Mesha showed that the Hebrew used in the Biblical text
was early and not like the Hebrew of the 2nd century. That would lead one
to assume that it was written closer to that time. (Unless you believe that
there were colleges teaching semetic studies and languages in the 2nd
century.)

>suggesting that you actually take the time to read NPL's stuff.  So I have a
>simple question- so that we are all on the same page- Moshe- have you read
>any of Niels' stuff?  Peter?

Yes. Probably less then you have.

moshe shulman mshulman at NOSPAMix.netcom.com    718-436-7705
CHASSIDUS.NET - Yoshav Rosh            http://www.chassidus.net
Outreach Judaism                       http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
ICQ# 52009254