historiography (Peter)

Ian Hutchesson mc2499 at mclink.it
Wed Dec 29 17:23:44 EST 1999

Responding to Peter...

>Niels Peter's credentials are not limited to a letter to the editor.  Take a
>look at Amazon.com and any of the many bibliographic search engines on the
>web to get a taste of his accomplishments.
>
>PK: If an author's credentials are judged by his appearances at
>Amazon.com etc, I guess that NPL would be left well behind by Billy
>Graham and be nowhere near Tom Clancy!

Peter, you have a penchant for inappropriate analogies. You *ignore* the
contextual relevance -- we are after all dealing with analyses of the OT/HB
period -- and go off on a literalist exploitation of the indication
stripped of the context. How about talking about relevant books on Amazon.com?

>>Let me also say I saw the use of the term "minamalist" (I believe that is
correct)
>>associated with your name. Could you explain to me what that term means?
>
>It is a false and misleading derogatory epigram placed on various folk like
>Tom Thompson, NP Lemche, and Davies by those who are more fundamentalist in
>their theology.
>
>PK: "Fundamentalist" is a false and misleading derogatory epigram
>placed on various folk by those who are more liberal in their
>theology.

Again you distort the statement by turning the relative "more
fundamentalist" into the absolutist "fundamentalist".

Not very useful stuff, Peter.

Cheers,

Ian