FW: Re[8]: Methods in biblical scholarship

Moshe Shulman mshulman at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 29 15:20:35 EST 1999

At 09:01 PM 12/29/1999 +0100, you wrote:
>At 10.56 29/12/99 -0500, Moshe Shulman wrote:
>>The DSS are filled with tirades against the
>>temple as it was. They seemed to be independant of the temple.
>If you put it in context, it would help. You'll find strong defences of the
>temple in the DSS. The tirades are never against the temple, but against
>the people who were in control of it at one stage. There are a few well

The point I am making is that they were able to exist without the temple,
because they saw it as 'unusable'. The post destruction period would be no
different.

moshe shulman mshulman at NOSPAMix.netcom.com    718-436-7705
CHASSIDUS.NET - Yoshav Rosh            http://www.chassidus.net
Outreach Judaism                       http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
ICQ# 52009254