FW: Re[8]: Methods in biblical scholarship

Moshe Shulman mshulman at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 29 10:56:01 EST 1999

At 08:58 AM 12/29/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>The Sadducees and Essenes, which some scholars say are different branches
of the same
>philosophy, based their outlook on the Temple.  They had no stragegy for
surviving the
>Temple's destruction.  On the other hand, the Pharisees did.  If, indeed,
it is later

I would here have to disagree. The DSS are filled with tirades against the
temple as it was. They seemed to be independant of the temple.

moshe shulman mshulman at NOSPAMix.netcom.com    718-436-7705
CHASSIDUS.NET - Yoshav Rosh            http://www.chassidus.net
Outreach Judaism                       http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
ICQ# 52009254