Methods in biblical scholarship (Moshe)

Moshe Shulman mshulman at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 29 10:39:42 EST 1999

At 05:53 AM 12/29/1999 +0100, you wrote:
>At 22.37 28/12/99 -0500, Moshe Shulman wrote:
>>Outside of the Biblical books, and Jubilees there is no valid argument from
>>the DSS that other works were considered 'authoritative.'
>Beside Jubilees 21:10 which acknowledges the authoritative nature of the
>ten current form of Enoch, CD 2:18 draws on the Enochic Watchers
>literature. But the obscurity of the Genesis citations (5:21-24, 6:1-4)
>tells you that the Enoch literature was around and used.

I have addressed the problems with two of your points here, let me address
the third. You assume a relationship of E -> CD. It is just as likely that
it is X -> CD / X -> E (Or even CD -> E) Can you explain why you have
chosen that path as opposed to another?

moshe shulman mshulman at NOSPAMix.netcom.com    718-436-7705
CHASSIDUS.NET - Yoshav Rosh            http://www.chassidus.net
Outreach Judaism                       http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
ICQ# 52009254