Methods in biblical scholarship

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Tue Dec 28 17:41:55 EST 1999

I don't think I ever claimed a uniform process of canonisation. I was
looking for evidence that ANY of the many Jewish groups, at ANY time,
considered Enoch as Holy Scripture, on the level of the Torah or the
prophets. I have seen no such evidence. There have been some
suggestions, which I cannot refute, that some fringe Jewish groups may
have considered Enoch as such. But this was clearly not the main
stream.