Methods in biblical scholarship (Solomon)

Moshe Shulman mshulman at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 28 14:14:19 EST 1999

At 01:56 PM 12/28/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>What do I mean by "canon"?  In simplest terms for this discussion, a
standardized,
>recognized set of writings held as sacred scripture by traditional
Judaism.  By that I
>mean that if you  go anywhere in the world and read a copy of the  Tanach,
you will
>find certain specific books in it.  But you will not find others.   I am
not assuming
>or asserting that this definition of "canon" is held by all scholars of
Judaism, or is
>even always relevant, but it is a working definition.

What do you mean by 'sacred scripture.' You have just shifted your
definition from 'canon' to 'scriptrue'.

moshe shulman mshulman at NOSPAMix.netcom.com    718-436-7705
CHASSIDUS.NET - Yoshav Rosh            http://www.chassidus.net
Outreach Judaism                       http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
ICQ# 52009254