Methods in biblical scholarship (Solomon)

Numberup at worldnet.att.net Numberup at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 28 02:24:44 EST 1999

Representative of what?  "Normative Judaism" is for the most part the descendant of
the Pharisaic school of thought, as the rabbis are the inheritors of the Pharisees.
Though 1 Enoch and other apocalyptic works were valued by the Covenant Community
["Essenes"] of Qumran, so far as I can determine, they have not been a part of any
know canon of the Pharisaic sages, i.e., rabbinic Judaism.  That, I thought, was the
question.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org