Methods in biblical scholarship

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Mon Dec 27 12:34:49 EST 1999

Jude (verse 14-15) quotes from Enoch, and in Acts 17:28 and Titus 1:12
Paul quotes from Greek authors. Do we conclude from the latter that
the Greek writings in question were counted as Holy Scripture by the
Jews of the time?

So, in the late first century or early second century CE Jewish canon,
was Enoch included?