JEDP (Melchizedek) (Peter)

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Wed Dec 22 14:45:56 EST 1999

OK, we're getting somewhere at last. So, what evidence can you give
for absolute dating before the beginning of the 2nd century of
Deuteronomy, of at least some of the prophetical books, and of the
Noah material? I am interested in evidence which clearly distinguishes
these books from Genesis 14, Psalm 110, Genesis 1 and other passages
concerning which you have objected to recent suggestions of earlier
dating from myself and others on this list. Careful, or your own
arguments will come back on your own head, you will fall yourself into
the traps you have set.