Jeremiah 15:19

Numberup at worldnet.att.net Numberup at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 21 19:26:01 EST 1999

I am not sure what you are asking, but the LXX appears to capture well the flavor of
the Hebrew text.  EPISTPEYIS can mean turn around, return, or repent, even turn the
mind toward.  APOKATASTHSW can mean return to a former position or bring back to a
point,  a restoration.  Like the Hebrew of Jeremiah, "tashuv wa'ashivkha," I think
both carry the sense:
"If you repent, I will restore you." (NIV)

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org