JEDP (Melchizedek)

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Tue Dec 21 11:48:54 EST 1999

Well, Dave, I accept that you know more than me about DSS. Perhaps
even Ian knows more than me. But the reference to omission of the
Melchizedek story was to its absence from the Genesis Apocryphon,
which Ian seems to have made a lot of. Of course his whole argument
falls rather flat if the Melchizedek story is included in MSS of
Genesis, especially if these are demonstrably earlier than the Genesis
Apocryphon.