Theophoric names for women?

Cindy Smith cms at dragon.com
Sun Dec 19 13:07:14 EST 1999

Todd,

  I was intrigued by your mention of _All the Women of the Bible_ by
Dr. Herbert Lockyear, but since it's published by Zondervan, it probably
doesn't contain any information about Judith and other women of the
deuterocanonicals.  Do you know of a book that truly discusses _all_ the
women of the Bible, not just the ones in the protocanonicals?  Thanks.

Also, out of curiosity, I noticed that the name Michael is variously
spelled Michal, Michel, Melchol.  Does this name mean "Who is like God?"
or "brook"?

Cindy Smith				   Spawn of a Jewish Carpenter
GO AGAINST THE FLOW! \\ _\\\_     _///_ // A Real Live Catholic in Georgia
cms at dragon.com       >IXOYE=('> <`)=  _<<  "Delay not your conversion
cms at romancatholic.org//  ///       \\\  \\   to the LORD, Put it not off
cms at 5sc.com				     from day to day" Ecclus/Sira 5:8