Theophoric names for women? (to Ian)

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Sun Dec 19 18:58:43 EST 1999

Ian, does your method allow you to pin any name, Yahwistic or
otherwise, on to a Jewish woman, or for that matter a Jewish man, from
the first temple era? I ask in case the unwary may take a possible
lack of convincing evidence for Yahwistic names for women as more
significant than it actually would be. So, perhaps you could list some
Jewish names, especially women's names, from the first temple era for
which you have evidence which you consider good.