Prototype Theory and Hebrew Tense/Aspect (and misc.)

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Sat Dec 18 14:02:06 EST 1999

Some interesting points here, but your arguments depend on:

1) the text of Exodus being assumed to be in chronological order
(specifically 34:4 before 37:1) (and so presumably on a rejection of
JEDP);

2) an understanding of 3 days in Joshua as typological;

3) astrophysics and geophysics!

So let's make it simple, as Wenham did with the flood, and look at
Genesis 5 again. 5:6 has two WAYYIQTOLs, but these events clearly took
place before the death of Adam in the previous verse.