What ARE the clues for sequence in BH?

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Sat Dec 18 00:25:26 EST 1999

Sounds like you are trying to redefine "sequence" in a way different
from how others are using it. Or perhaps to put up a straw man for
others to shoot down. Would anyone claim that Genesis 5:3-5 is any
less sequential because the birth of Enosh in verse 6 took place
before the death of Adam in verse 5? Yes, there is a break in the
sequence at verse 6, but that does not mean there is no sequence
before that.