What ARE the clues for sequence in BH?

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Thu Dec 16 19:44:33 EST 1999

Thank you. I realise that I was oversimplifying, but I was
concentrating (though not as explicitly as I should have done) on the
case of one or more Greek aorist participles followed by an aorist
indicative main verb. I think you would agree that this at least
normally indicates sequence. Also, if I remember rightly, the sequence
is not that of the verbs as written, for a participle written after
the main verb still implies sequence before the main verb.