Prototype Theory and Hebrew Tense/Aspect

yochanan bitan ButhFam at compuserve.com
Thu Dec 16 05:20:51 EST 1999

for clarification:
friberg
>I interpret buth's statement as saying that 'kind of action' is lexically
>bound to particular morphemes, but that aspect and tense are bound at
higher
>levels to higher structures.

friberg is probably reading me correctly,
though for clarification
his "lexically bound to particular morphemes" should mean
that individual words have 'kind of action' as part of their own
inherent lexical meaning.
kind of action is not marked by a small set of syntactic morphemes.
on the other hand,
tense/aspect/mood are related to morphological categories
that apply to verbs in general.

braxot
randall buth