tiberian weak spot

Reinhard G.Lehmann lehmann at mail.uni-mainz.de
Mon Dec 13 01:56:41 EST 1999

Dear Vince, Peter, and all,

first excuse me that I sent my last mail in html-format only, I just
jumped on the wrong button.

To be sure: I make no attempt to deny an original G-stem passive in
Hebrew - of course there was one, and just this morning again I have to
teach my students of it! The only thing I wanted to say is: I doubt (at
least am not quite sure) that the  G-stem (=qal) passive participle is
really the remnant of it! IMHO the real remnants of original passive
G-stem for instance is luqqAx 2 K 2:10 (ptc). But that seems to me a
subject for further study.

Reinhard
       Reinhard G. Lehmann
       Lecturer for Classical Hebrew and Old Aramaic
       Johannes-Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
       D - 55099 Mainz
       tel: +49 - 6131 - 39 3284
       mailto:lehmann at mail.uni-mainz.de