b-hebrew digest: December 08, 1999

Bill Rea cctr114 at its.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Dec 9 15:08:24 EST 1999

Peter wrote:-

>Unfortunately this is ungrammatical in English as a prepositional
>phrase cannot be a complete sentence. I believe the same to be true in
>Hebrew. I prefer a translation which is grammatical. Did Rashi answer
>this point?

We have a copy of Rashi's commentary in our library. If no one else can
answer this I'm willing to go over and copy out what Rashi has to say
and post it to the list.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Services, University of Canterbury  \_
E-Mail b dot rea at its dot canterbury dot ac dot nz                 </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                        /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                         (/'