Sabbath Origins

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Mon Dec 6 16:54:14 EST 1999

Subject: Re[7]: Sabbath Origins
Author:  <mc2499 at mclink.it> at Internet
Date:    05/12/1999 17:49

At 17.01 05/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>It is clear to me that all the evidence on these matters is from books
>whose dating is speculative and controversial, especially if the

Which books are you referring to, Peter?  (-:

PK: How about all of the Hebrew and Greek Bible and the other Jewish
writings e.g. 1 Enoch which you cite. Can you prove the date of any of
them?

<snip>

If you can actually get over the hurdle and accept that the book of Daniel
can be successfully dated,...

PK: You mean as the work of 6th century BCE Jew who served at the
Babylonian and Persian courts? ;-)

<snip>

.. But you might read the introduction to 1Enoch in Charlesworth's
Pseudepigraphic collection.

PK: Which will no doubt tell me the consensus view, which is "no use".
So I won't waste my time.