Genesis 1 & 2 (Peter)

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Mon Dec 6 16:41:12 EST 1999

Hebrews was probably cited by Clement of Rome c.95 CE. It is included
in the following papyri: P12 (III), P13 (III/IV), P17 (IV), P46 (ca.
200) etc. (Data from Nestle-Aland 27th edition). Tertullian, Clement
of Alexandria and Origen discussed its authorship. I think there is
little doubt that it dates back to the second century if not the
first.

Peter Kirk

See also another comment below.