Waw consecutive in Gen 1

yochanan bitan ButhFam at compuserve.com
Sat Dec 4 14:18:56 EST 1999

sullivan wrote:
> It was pointed out to me that O. L. Barnes
> (1965) stated that translation of the imperfect "has been needelessly
> complicated by slavish adherance" to the waw consecutive principle.

any responsible university or graduate school would advise beginning
students that mr. barnes is generally relegated within the 'crank'
literature and is not considered a Hebrew scholar. that doesn't mean a
person can't read or interact with the material and views, but beginning
students should be forwarned.

braxot
randall buth
hebrew university-rothberg