Genesis 1 & 2 (trying again)

Jonathan Bailey jonathan.bailey at gmx.de
Fri Dec 3 17:14:36 EST 1999

---------- Original Message ----------
>>The animals and plants are specially created a second time.

>PK: Actually it's this which ain't in the text. "Plant" and "cause to
>grow" (of the trees) does not mean "specially create a second time"!

Sorry about the laxness in terminology. They were miraculously caused to grow. I
think his point was that he is disturbed by the second creative/formative type of
miracle. I was trying to emphasize that I believe there were two miracles involving
plants. I should have said, specially formed, rather than specially created.

Jonathan Bailey
MA Kandidat
Hochschule für Jüdische Studien
Heidelberg