Psa 16:10; chasideycha

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Wed Dec 1 21:54:17 EST 1999

The BHS text at this point in Psalm 16:10 is X:ASIYD:KF (in your
transliteration this would be chasidkha), which is singular - no yod
before the -kha ending. There is no textual note in BHS, and no note
in HOTTP or the Word commentary. But are there other MSS, printed
editions or translations which have a plural here? Could this be a
correction, or an interpretation, to get away from the Christian
understanding of this verse, in Acts 13:35?