Biblical Hebrew Kittel, Hoffer & Wright

Bryan Rocine brocine at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 26 20:51:16 EDT 1999

Dear Brian,
you wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I will be using _Biblical_Hebrew_A_Text_and_Workbook_ by
Bonnine Pedrotti
> Kittel, Vicki Hoffer, and Rebecca Abts Wright, this fall:
>
> Have others on the list taught from this book recently?
What are the
> strengths and weaknesses from your experience. Do you have
any pedagogical
> hints as this book is used for teaching beginners?

I love the book and used it for a couple years.  It's fun!
It has been very influential in style and method of
organization on my own work.  I disagree with their view of
the verb theoretically and their neglect in teaching more
about pragmatics.  Otherwise, it's a year well-spent, IMO.

Shalom,
Bryan

B. M. Rocine
Associate Pastor