Etymological Dictionary

Jim West jwest at Highland.Net
Fri Aug 20 10:17:59 EDT 1999

At 10:48 PM 8/19/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Greetings
>
>I have a chance to be Ernest Klein's _A Comprehensive Etymological
>Dictionary of the Hebrew Language for Readers of English_. Macmillan,
>1987.

A chance to BE!!!  WOW!!!  If I had the chance to be a book I think I would
be Friedrich Schleiermacher's "The Christian Faith".  ;-)

Just kidding.

>This is a used copy, what would be a fair price for this book? Is it a book
>worth adding to my collection or is there something else similar that is
>better?

How much do they want for it?  Beware of etymological dictionaries- they can
be a bit misleading simply because the root meaning of a word is not
necessarily the way a word is used in a text.  Meaning is assigned by
context, not etymology.

Best,

Jim

Jim West, ThD