PC programs for Hebrew beginners

Qualls, Nina X2QUALLS at southernco.com
Wed Aug 18 08:07:36 EDT 1999

http://www.omnicast.net/users/ucr/Hebr.htm
<http://www.omnicast.net/users/ucr/Hebr.htm>

for hook on hebrew demo

	 <<RCJefferson.vcf>>

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	gs02wmr at panther.Gsu.EDU [SMTP:gs02wmr at panther.Gsu.EDU]
	Sent:	Tuesday, August 17, 1999 11:04 PM
	To:	Biblical Hebrew
	Cc:	Biblical Hebrew
	Subject:	Re: PC programs for Hebrew beginners

	Shalom!

	Well I found this shareware program for my baby sister, called
"Hooked on
	Hebrew:Hebrew Language Tutorial." I don't remember where I
downloaded it
	from(perhaps you can do a search), but the credits state it was
developed
	by "Neal Walters, Amerisoft Inc. 1206 Signal Ridge Place, Rockwall
TX
	75087," and the full price comes to about $69(+$5 S&H).

	The shareware is pretty good - It gives you letters to click on,
their
	variant pronunciations, some Blessings found in the Psalms to read
and
	pronounce, and lots of little games and readings, and vocabulary
builders.

	I think programmers miss the point when making language programs for
	Hebrew, Arabic, Amharic, and others. Instead of making it so
technical and
	excessively pedantic, they should make it fun, childlike, and
simplistic
	so that both young and old can have FUN out of discovering this new
	language instead of making it a rigorous, stern, and boring
discipline.

	Shalom.

	Wondell M. Rachman

	On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Dave Washburn wrote:

	> A while back we had a discussion about computer programs for
	> doing complex grammatical searches in Hebrew; now I need
	> suggestions for the best overall program for a Hebrew beginner.
	> The names that have come up so far are Logos, the Hermeneutika
	> program (I forget the name) and Bible Windows.  What do y'all
	> recommend for someone just starting beginning Hebrew, and why?
	>
	> Thanks,
	>
	> Dave Washburn
	> http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
	> "Oh, no!  They've all become giant Swiss lederhosen-clad
	> dancing yodelers!"  "Talk about unpredictable!" - P&B
	>
	> ---
	> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as:
gs02wmr at panther.Gsu.EDU
	> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')

	---
	You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as:
X2QUALLS at southernco.com