Dan 7:14 , 27

Tony Costa tmcos at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:35:39 EDT 1999

Dear Friends,

  I had a question re: the Aramaic word in Daniel 7:14, 27 (the "son of man"
passages) that is translated "serve", and also "worship". Unfortunately I do
not have a Hebrew/Aramaic Lexicon with me at the moment, but I believe the
word in question is PELACH.This word is associated with rendering divine
service. My question is as follows: Do any of you know whether PELACH is
used in any context other than rendering divine service to deities or to the
Deity? In other words, is this word used in other Aramaic sources such as
the Targums for rendering service to kings, or dignitaries or is it
exclusively used in a religious context? Thanks.

                                   Tony Costa, B.A.
                                   Univ. of Toronto
                                   Toronto, Canada