The "times" of Isaiah

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Wed Aug 18 14:23:48 EDT 1999

I must disagree with the quoted sentence. In Turkish there is a
timeless tense (called "aorist", but very different from the Greek
aorist) which is used for generic examples etc and does not imply any
C, RT and ET context. And how about so called tenseless languages? As
pointed out recently, they have their means of indicating time context
where necessary, but are you claiming that they add such a time
indication even when it is not necessary? It could well be that Hebrew
works more like Turkish in this respect.