aramaic grammar

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Mon Aug 16 14:06:55 EDT 1999

> I have a chance to get two aramaic grammars for cheap.  I just wanted to
> know if they were any good.  hope this is not too off topic.  they are:
>
> a grammar of biblical aramiac by franz rosenthal
>
> a short grammar of biblical aramaic by alger f. johns

I don't know the former, but I learned biblical Aramaic using Johns.
He's terse, but effective and fairly easy to follow if you already know
Hebrew.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"Oh, no!  They've all become giant Swiss lederhosen-clad
dancing yodelers!"  "Talk about unpredictable!" - P&B