The form of weqatal (really wayyiqtol)

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Mon Aug 16 02:11:01 EDT 1999

John,
We have been over this many, many, many times over a stretch of
at least 2 years.  I have presented my view both online and in print,
and apparently the editors of such journals as Hebrew Studies
thought it had enough merit to publish.  When I presented it to the
SBL a few years ago, one major scholar among the listeners said
the view had "the potential to revolutionize study of Hebrew
grammar," and that's a direct quote (I taped the session).  As I said
before, you're free to harangue all you want, but if all you want to
do is whine and make fun, don't expect me to take you seriously.
My position and the material that supports it is well documented,
as a simple trip through the archives (and the journals) would have
told you.  I won't try to interact with this kind of drivel.  If you have
something constructive to say, let's hear it.  Otherwise, I suggest
you find something else to do.