been to ulpan?

Jonathan Robie jonathan at texcel.no
Tue Sep 22 21:58:04 EDT 1998

At 09:32 PM 9/22/98 -0400, Bryan Rocine wrote:
>B-Haverim,
>
>Wanted:  someone who learned BH first, and later attained fluency in Modern
>Hebrew, maybe by learning at ulpan and then being 'immersed.'
>
>Question:  What was it like?  How did your experience with modern Hebrew
>affect your reading and/or teaching of BH?

A similar question...for a rank beginner like me, would it be better to get
out the books and cassettes for Modern Hebrew from the Foreign Service
before working my way through the Bible, or is Modern Hebrew different
enough from Biblical Hebrew that I should focus on Biblical Hebrew?

Jonathan

jonathan at texcel.no
Texcel Research
http://www.texcel.no