Biblical Hebrew Transcription

Lewis Reich LBR at sprynet.com
Fri Sep 18 20:44:56 EDT 1998

On 18 Sep 98, at 23:48, Paul Zellmer wrote:

> If the digraphs go away, case no longer makes a difference.

Would it make sense to capitalize consonants and use lower case for
vowels?

We have P for peh and K for kaph; what would we use for thaose letter
without the dagesh - are Ph and Kh sensible?

How about V for vav?

Finally, the use of @ for qamatz has the side effect in some mailers
(such as mine, Pegasus,) of having the entire word including it
interpreted as a clickable address, and therefore underlined and
rendered in a different color.  If this is this case for a
significant number of listmembers, perhaps # might do instead?

Lewis Reich
LBR at sprynet.com