Translation

Bryan Rocine 596547 at ican.net
Wed Oct 28 14:10:56 EST 1998

Hi Irene, Steve, et al.

Fox has a Hebrew word for steam; observe the Gen 4:2 note on the name
Hevel(commonly known as Abel):  "The name suggests vapor, steam, i.e.,
'something transitory' (see the opening of the book of Ecclesiastes: _havel
havalim_)."  But I think the root may not be used in any meteorological
context.

Or how about _)ed_ in Gen 2:6  _v:)ed ya(a:leh min ha)arec_  BDB says
"mist" for _)ed_, and the Fox says for Gen 2:6, "...but a surge would well
up from the ground..."

You may want to see Job 36:32-33 or Ps 148:8 more likely meteorological