b-hebrew "Kiss question" [fwd]

Daryl F. Jefferies djefferi at students.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 27 10:08:26 EST 1998

Dear List,
The following question sent to the NAPH office. If there is interest, you
may reply to the list and I will forward the discussion or you may reply to
the questioner directly. Thanks for the help.

>Could you please assist or direct me regarding the nature of Hebrew
>embraces?  Specifically I am interested in the New Testament reference
>to Judas kissing Jesus.  Was this one of those double kiss things?  Do
>you think Jesus also kissed Judas back?  I know this is a strange
>question, but I was asked it recently and wanted to run it by an expert.
>
>Thank you for your response.       Jesse Wilson
Jesse Wilson <pastor at rjsonline.net>

Daryl Jefferies
Administrative Assistant

National Association of Professors of Hebrew
University of Wisconsin
1346 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706