1 Sam 8:2

Ben Crick ben.crick at argonet.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 11:58:36 EDT 1998

On Wed  7 Oct 98 (16:31:52), 596547 at ican.net wrote:
> What is the significance of _way:hiy_ in 1 Sam 8:2?  Notice how soon it
> falls after the _way:hiy_ of 8:1.  Thanks for your comments.

 Bryan,

 It looks as if some material may have fallen out between verses 1 and 2.

 Compare 1 Sam 8:2 with 1 Chron 6:13 MT (6:38 LXX EVV). The sons of Samuel
 are listed as Joel and Abiah in 1 Sam; but as /HaBBeKoR [] We'aBiYYaH/ in
 1 Chron 6:13; the LXX supplies hUIOI SAMOUEL, hO PRWTOTOKOS SANI, KAI ABIA
 (6:28). The English Versions have "Vashni" at 1 Chron 6:28; is this SANI
 from the LXX?  Some material has fallen out there, too...

 ShaLoWM,
 Ben
--
 Revd Ben Crick, BA CF