[B-Greek] Thanks for all the good years!

Gene Baker ekbaker at essex1.com
Thu Jun 16 23:54:57 EDT 2011

Actually, I am responding to Jonathan's post, via Steve's response, since I missed reading my copy.  I'm not sure when I signed up, but it was at least twelve or more years ago.  I think the list was fairly young at that time, and a number of the regulars at that time are no longer with us on the list.

  At that time there were some attempts at trolling the list, and some posts obviously intended at inciting a flame war.  It's been a long time since anyone had to deal with such things here, as far as I can tell.

  Through the years we have been very blessed to have such a highly-skilled group of scholars willing to engage with us and share their insights.  This has been a great list, and I don't expect that the change in format is going to reduce the discussion, although I'm sure there will be a period of adjustment.

  My heartfelt thanks to the participants.  I have been enriched by your cyber-friendship.

   Gene Baker