[B-Greek] Reminder: B-Greek is moving

Richard Roland skywire at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 4 21:24:47 EDT 2011

I've done a little googling tonight and found some services that will
direct an RSS feed to your email address. The most popular appears to be
Feed My Inbox (feedmyinbox.com). They have plans starting at $5 US per
month (or $50 per year), that will forward each feed entry from 25 feeds
(or more for pricier plans) to your email in realtime. Their free plan
will only email you a summary at end of day. There are some other free
services out there that I have not investigated yet. I don't know
whether they are worth trusting with your email address.

I signed up for Feed My Inbox's $5/mo plan (which one can cancel,
upgrade or downgrade at any time) to test it. They have a convenient
'bookmarklet' that you can drag into the FireFox Bookmarks toolbar, or
right-click and add to favourites in IE. Then when on a web page that
has an RSS feed, just click on the bookmarklet to set up the emailing of
that feed.

There is an RSS feed for the whole B-Greek board, and separate feeds for
each forum. After subscribing to Feed My Inbox and adding their
bookmarklet to your Bookmarks toolbar, to receive emails of, for
example, only the Syntax and Grammar forum feed, enter that forum and
click on the "Add to Feed My Inbox" bookmarklet in your Bookmarks or
Favorites. A popup window will indicate "Multiple Feeds Found", and
offer you some choices. For the Syntax and Grammar Forum Feed only,
click the checkbox labeled "Feed - Forum - Syntax and Grammar". Or you
can choose the entire B-Greek board, if I'm not mistaken.

This will allow you to receive not just notices of posts, but the
complete posts, as emails, similarly to the way the old list worked. The
only problem I've seen so far is that my iPhone email client is not
amalgamating the posts of a single thread as it did with those from the
mailing list.

Richard Roland