[B-Greek] Heb 12:27 METAQESIS

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 22:27:13 EDT 2010

I have a good deal of respect for Ann's judgment, but I think she is in error
here.  It does not seem to comport with the subsequent portion of the verse
which she translates as "so that the things which cannot be rocked will remain"
thus implying that the things which can be "rocked" will by implication be said
to be removed when it uses the term μετάθεσιν METAQESIN.  Westcott notes here
that one should compare 11.5 which reads

Πίστει Ἑνὼχ μετετέθη τοῦ μὴ ἰδεῖν θάνατον, καὶ οὐχ ηὑρίσκετο διότι μετέθηκεν
αὐτὸν ὁ θεός. πρὸ γὰρ τῆς μεταθέσεως μεμαρτύρηται εὐαρεστηκέναι τῷ θεῷ·
PISTEI ENWX METETEQH TOU MH IDEIN QANATON, KAI OUX hHURISKETO DIOTI METEQHKEN
AUTON hO QEOS.  PRO GAR THS METAQESEWS MEMARTURHTAI hEURESTHKENAI TWi QEWi.

 george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.