[B-Greek] Marcion on Matthew 5:17

Barry nebarry at verizon.net
Mon Jul 26 20:20:17 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Baber" <illuminatiaries at yahoo.com>
To: "Barry" <nebarry at verizon.net>; <b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [B-Greek] Marcion on Matthew 5:17

>Thanks Barry. I just found a Google book with the English translation of
>Adamantius' discourse.

>Basically, the translation is,

>The Judaizers wrote this, "I did not come to destroy the Law, but to
>fulfill it," but Jesus Christ did not speak in this way. For, he says, "I
>did not come to fulfill the Law, but to destroy."

Humph.  And after I located it on the PDF text (the old fashioned way, using
the index!) I downloaded , and then sent you the correction.  Getting a hold
of these texts is sure a lot easier these days.  Why, I remember back in the
old days... (everyone tunes out, fade to black).

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry