[B-Greek] Titus 2:13 CORRECTION
George F Somsel
gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 14:10:53 EDT 2010
I believe I erroneously included #1 in the list of incorrect translations.
While #6 can be misleading, it is not necessarily incorrect.
… search for truth, hear truth,
learn truth, love truth, speak the truth, hold the truth,
defend the truth till death.
- Jan Hus
From: Tom Moore <tom at katabiblon.com>
To: b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Sun, July 25, 2010 9:38:20 AM
Subject: [B-Greek] Titus 2:13
προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ
σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ χριστοῦ,
PROSDEXOMENOI THN MAKARIAN ELPIDA KAI EPIFANEIAN THS DOXHS TOU MEGALOI QEOU KAI
SWTHROS hHMWN IHSOU CRISTOU
Which of these are not valid translations of Ti. 2:13:
Awaiting the happy expectation and...
1) glorious appearance of Jesus Christ, [who is both] our great God, and [our]
2) glorious appearance of [both] the great God, and of our savior Jesus Christ;
3) appearance of Jesus Christ, [who is both] the glory of the great God, and our
4) appearance of Jesus Christ, [who is] the glory, [the glory] of our great God
5) appearance of the glory of Jesus Christ, [who is both] our great God, and
6) appearance of [both] the glory the great God, and of our savior Jesus Christ.
B-Greek home page: http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek
B-Greek mailing list
B-Greek at lists.ibiblio.org
More information about the B-Greek