[B-Greek] The Use of the Greek Participle in Rev 17:7

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 05:39:27 EDT 2010

I don't see any determination from the language itself that it is either willful
or non-willful.  It is simply a fact.  I would suppose it to be understood as
willing from the context of the narrative that it is willing, but I don't
suppose that it is a factor of the language itself.  Note the use of the verb
βαστάζω in Re 2 in the sense of "to endure."

 george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.