[B-Greek] Jos. Ant. 20:20 under MONOGENHS in BDAG

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 11 10:09:40 EDT 2010

Actually, I think Leonard's original point was simply that there is a minor
error,
a typo really, in an otherwise excellent reference work where BDAG should have
listed
the Josephus Ant 20:20 passage under the meaning "especially beloved" instead of
"only," since this guy had brothers.  Since BDAG is planning a fourth edition,
someone should
double check both passages and forward this to the publisher.

Spotting these minor mistakes is one of the values of e-lists like this.

The inerrancy of BDAG can still be defended based on the (now lost) original
autograph.
(JOKE JOKE JOKE THAT WAS A JOKE.)

 Mark L

FWSFOROS MARKOS