[B-Greek] Rather switch than fight?

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 10:07:22 EDT 2010

Barry wrote

<I am considering switching from Crosby & Schaeffer to Athenaze...>

I'd make this switch in a Greek LEPTON.  On the various classical lists,
Athenaze always generates enthusiasm and there are some very nice audio
files available free on-line.

The weakness of Athenaze in my opinion is that after doing all this work,
the second volume ends with a bunch of very boring readings from Greek
history based on Thucydides and Herodotus that are hard to follow because it
is hard to keep track of who is besieging whom.  But the early readings in
volume
one are a great way to get students into reading interesting stuff right from
the beginning.

I take it you know about the Italian version?

 Mark L

FWSFOROS MARKOS