[B-Greek] Latest Amazon reveiw of Zondervan's Reader's Greek New Testamant and the latest version of Markos' Ultra-Nauseam regarding same

Patrick Narkinsky patrick at narkinsky.com
Sat Jul 3 15:20:35 EDT 2010

When I went looking to update my first edition of this, I was able to find
some pages from this as well as the UBS RGNT online.  Amazon doesn't have
them, but a little searching turns some samples up:

http://nwanglican.blogspot.com/2008/08/zondervans-readers-hebrew-bible-and.html

<http://nwanglican.blogspot.com/2008/08/zondervans-readers-hebrew-bible-and.html>However,
I don't believe that the above is what I looked at... there may be more,
better examples out there.

For what it's worth, I ultimately concluded that the UBS "Greek New
Testament: A Reader's Edition" was somewhat better than Zondervan's effort
and bought that. I am absolutely delighted with this volume--it includes not
only definitions but parsings of difficult forms, which is almost as
important for a "little Greek" like me.  It also includes a lexicon in the
back for all the words not defined in the footnotes, so that in the event
one has forgotten a common word, one is not forced to turn to another
volume.  I don't think that Zondervan included these features, even in the
second edition, but as I only own the first edition I might be mistaken.

Patrick

--
Patrick Narkinsky
patrick at narkinsky.com

"Let things true be preferred to things false, things eternal to things
momentary, things useful to things agreeable."

Lucius Caelius Lactantius