[B-Greek] Errata corregenda

Barry H. nebarry at verizon.net
Sat Aug 28 07:30:37 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry H." <nebarry at verizon.net>
To: "B-Greek List mail to all" <b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 6:58 AM
Subject: Re: [B-Greek] strange "men" construction 1 Cor 2:15

> Nicely bringing out the parallel between the NUNI DE and the NUN DE.  It
> also highlights the contrast of the two clauses in 12:20, which should
> make you happy...  :) But if the MEN is omitted or ignored, it lessens the
> contrast, and gives the second DE an explanatory force, "As it were, many
> parts, one body..."

Oops, not quite the Sabbath rest yet, should "As it is," not "as it were."

And in my other post, I meant "patrician" class, not "partician" (perhaps
the class that used the most partitive genitives).

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
V-P of Academic Affairs, TNARS
bhofstetter at tnars.net
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry