[B-Greek] strange "men" construction 1 Cor 2:15

hoshi411 hoshi411 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 21:20:52 EDT 2010

REPOST, SORRY I FORGOT MY ADDRESS AND NAME!!

1 Corinthians 2:15
ο δε πνευματικος ανακρινει μεν παντα
αυτος δε υπ ουδενος ανακρινεται
hO DE PNEUMATIKOS ANAKRINEI MEN PANTA AUTOS DE HUP OUDENOS ANAKRINETAI

My translation so far is:

Sure, The Spiritual-One always-analyzes all-things. He-Himself is-
never-analyzed by anybody.

My question is:

Why does the "MEN" come after a verb? Usually the "MEN" is written at
the beginning of the clause or after a noun that it is pointing to,
but in this sentence it is following a verb which isn't even a
particle or infinitive O_o

I could not find any explanation of what happens when MEN follows a
verb at the end of a clause.

Joshua Robison
hoshi411 at gmail.com
ecclesiologyproper at gmail.com