[B-Greek] Referent of hOS (Ignatius to the Magnesians) ?

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 13:54:42 EDT 2010

ἔρρωσθε εν ὁμονοίᾳ θεοῦ κεκτημένοι ἀδιάκριτον πνεῦμα, ὁς ἐστιν
Ἰησοῦς Χριστός.
ERRWSQE EN hOMONOIA QEOU KEKTHMENOI ADIADRITON PNEUMA, hOS ESTIN IHSOUS XRISTOS.

It seems there are really only two possiblilites:

1.  ὁς  --> πνεῦμα
2.  ὁς  --> ὁμονοίᾳ

The gender of ὁς agrees with the gender of neither but is kata sunesin.  The
question then is whether Jesus Christ is considered by Ignatius to be the
undivided spirit or whether he is the divine harmony.

george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.