[B-Greek] Paul writing in Latin or Hebrew/Aramaic?

Jeffrey Cockrell jeffcockrell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 10:21:32 EDT 2010

Jewett's commentary is certainly good in understanding the historical and
cultural context of Paul's letter to Rome. One might also consult Capes,
"Rediscovering Paul," and Schnelle, "Apostle Paul." For detailed information
on languages of Palestine see Fitzmyer article in CBQ (32, Oct 1970).

Greek was the dominate language in the first century and was spoken in the
most atrocious areas. Greek became the preferred language of the Roman upper
class and was used among the native Jewish population of Israel.

Jeff Cockrell, PhD (Wales)